The Academic Planning and Quality Assurance office of the Nigerian Army College of Education (NACOE) Ilorin is located within the Headquarters of the College. The office provides a range of management information, harmonizing and organizing academic policies of the College in an advisory capacity to the Provost and other arms of the College.
The role of the Academic Planning and Quality Assurance office is to provide timely and accurate information to the College for planning and managerial decision making.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE OF ACADEMIC PLANNING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
1. Preparation of academic calendar of events for the College academic programmes.
2. Ensures all academic related matters are carried out.
3. Ensures the development, implementation and assessment of academic programmes and policies.
4. Sourcing for collaboration with other colleges and schools in order to exchange collegiality across the globe.
5. Provides close monitoring of the College programmes so as to maintain the quality of the college/school programmes and effective service delivery.
6. Works to ensure effective communication by coordinating academic meetings and agenda in the College.
7. Ensures quality educational services for students are being delivered in accordance with NACOE policy, NUC and NCCE regulations.
8. Improves leadership and administrative abilities in academic units by assisting in monitoring and evaluating Deans, Departmental Heads, and other academic administrators in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
9. Ensures that miscellaneous projects related to academic affairs are completed in the best interest of NACOE.
10. Organizes college seminars, conferences, workshop in the college and promotes research in education through publications of journals, textbooks, handbooks etc.
The Directorate is presently headed by an Acting Director in person of Major MB Abdullahi MTRCN MNARC MA